2022 Employee Benefits Hub
How to Enroll In Benefits
All benefits-eligible employees must log in and complete their enrollment online through JPOFFHIT's enrollment website.
Important Things to Know As You're Enrolling
Choose the right action
- If you are a new hire, click on “Enroll Now”.
- If you are making a change due to a qualified life event, choose a selection from the drop down menu that best pertains to your life event.
Update your profile and add family members
- Your name, address, and basic information will be shown on the “My Profile” screen. You can update address and contact information here and you may be required fill in missing information before proceeding.
- Add any dependent Spouse or Children to the “My Family” page. You will need their SSN, legal name, and DOB, in order to add them to your profile.
- You will be required to provide documentation for any Spouse or Dependents added to the plan. You can upload copies of the documentation directly on the “My Family” page. Contact JPOFFHIT Benefits Support with any questions or issues with this.
Proceed through enrollment
- You will be guided through a series of screens that represent each benefit and plan options available to you.
- The benefit rates will be displayed as a cost per paycheck and you can view your total election costs in the shopping cart in the top of the screen.
- Click on the Spouse or Dependent name to enroll them in the plan.
- Once you have elected all benefits, check the “Review Your Information” page for accuracy.
- Check the box indicating you have read the terms of the elections.
- Choose “Confirm.” This is very important as it does ensure you have completed all steps.
These interactive guides will walk you through your choices, and make sure you have what you need to decide which plans are best for you and your family. There are two different guides: one for active members and one for retiree / survivors.
There are three scenarios which allow you to enroll in the Jacksonville Police Officers and Fire Fighters Health Insurance Trust's plans:
- Any regular, Full-Time Employee currently working 30 hours or more a week for the City of Jacksonville in a position covered by any collective bargaining agreement with the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) or the Jacksonville Association of Fire Fighters (JAFF).
Dependent Child Coverage
- Children under the age of 26.
- Children over the age of 26 through the end of the year in which they turn 30 who are:
- Have no dependents of their own
- Is dependent on the Employee or Retiree for financial support
- Not offered coverage through another group or individual plan
- Not entitled to benefits under Title XVIII of Social Security Act
- Resident of FL or is a full or part-time student
- Spouse, by legal marriage.
- Eligible Retirees includes those who retired in a position covered by any collective bargaining agreement between the City of Jacksonville and FOP or JAFF with at least 20 years of service or obtained disability retirement. Eligible Retirees also includes a surviving spouse, surviving dependent, or anyone otherwise entitled to a Eligible Retiree’s survivor benefits.
- Children who become disabled before age 26 and rely on you for support are eligible for health coverage. Contact the JPOFFHIT benefit support if this applies to you.
Newborn Medical Coverage
- Newborn children of a covered family member other than a spouse (such as grandchildren) are eligible for medical coverage until they reach 18 months as long as the child’s parent remains covered.