This month's board meeting goes live on Zoom at 9:30 AM
Randy Wyse, Board Chair of the Jacksonville Police Officers and Fire Fighters Health Insurance Trust, announced today that the Health Insurance Trust, in coordination with Florida Blue and UF Health, will waive all copays and deductibles for JPOFFHIT Members for testing related to the COVID-19 epidemic. This important step is being taken in an effort to encourage our Members to seek immediate medical care if they experience symptoms indicative of COVID-19, such a fever and coughing.
The news comes as two Florida residents have died and another 278 are being monitored for the virus. The Health Insurance Trust covers Jacksonville Police Officers, Fire Fighters and Correctional Officers who are on the front line for potential exposure while performing their assigned public safety duties.
As the impact of COVID-19 spreads, we want to ensure our Members we will do all we can to make health care treatment and services readily available, for our covered Members.
Wyse urged everyone to follow the CDC exposure guidelines, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Except when on duty, avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.